The Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA) has been quite “Active” lately. In its latest diktat it has introduced a new form called the active company tagging identities and verification (ACTIVE) form ( Inc 22A) . The notification coming in effect from the 25th of February 2019 requires all companies incorporated on or before 31st December 2017 to file particulars of the company and its registered office in e-form ACTIVE on or before 25th of April 2019.
Companies who do not comply will be marked “Active non compliant” on the database of the ROC and will not be able to make any changes in :
- Authorized capital
- Paid up capital
- Appointment of directors
- Registered offices
- Amalgamations or de-mergers
Delay in filing the form shall also result in a penalty of Rs 10,000/-
Among other details the companies are also expected to provide:
- a photo of the registered office with at least one director or KMP also being in the picture.
- Information on statutory auditors of the company
- Information on cost auditors of the company
- Details of CEO, CFO and Company secretary of the company